A written request to establish an SSF must be submitted to the Division of Financial Analysis for review. The request must be approved by the departmental executive officer and by the Dean of the College or appropriate Vice President of the unit. The request should include the following information:
- Name of the person responsible for financial administration of the center.
- Description of the goods or services to be provided.
- Description of who else (in or outside the University) performs these services or sells these goods.
- Listing of the potential customers, for example, University departments, Federal grants and contracts, external users (VA Hospital, other universities, etc).
- Estimated annual budget of the proposed center.
- List of the proposed charge out rates and the rate calculation.
- Request for new master file key(s) for recording activity in the center
- Anticipated start up date for the center.